Tuesday 25 November 2014

Steamed Egg Noodles

Previously two recipes were posted on steamed egg, one was how to make it and the other one was schezwan steamed egg followed by the steamed egg preparation. And now this one which I made for lunch one day. For me I do not have any preference for lunch like I have to rely upon the daily rice and curry, but something that makes me full at the same time allowing me to enjoy the taste of food too. I enjoyed this preparation and so is sharing with you.


Ingredients (serves 2):
  • Noodles, 100 gm ( I used low fat noodles, you can use pasta instead of noodles)
  • Egg, 2
  • Onion, 1 small
  • Garlic cloves, roasted- Put garlic cloves on direct flame before feeling and keep for 30 secs, peel the outer skin )
  • Chives, chopped, 4 tbsp
  • Salt to taste
  • Black pepper powder
  • Extra virgin olive oil, 2 tbsp ( You may use soybean oil) 
Methods:
Cook noddles untill soft, strain water and keep aside. 
The best way to cook noodles is, In apan take 4 cups of water(for 100 gm noodles), when the water comes to boiling point add few drops of oil and also raw noodles, boil for 20 secs and remove from flame, Strain the water and instantly seperate them with a fork to prevent them sticking to each ther. This is how I get non-sticky noodles that doesn't stick to my pan.



Steam egg, click the link for recipe of steamed egg. In a pan heat oil, slice and add roasted garlic, chopped chives and a pinch of salt for seasoning. Square cut steamed eggs and saute in pan for a minute. Add noodles, salt to taste and blackpepper powder. Toss for 2 minutes. Turn off the flame, combine lime juice with noodles. Serve!!

Tips- Instead of steamed egg, you may add soybeans( if you prefer vegetarian food) or boiled and shredded chicken or scrumbled eggs.



No comments:

Post a Comment